Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes not accepting login on Mac

iTunes no longer accepts my login on this MacBook. Yet my Apple TV and iPhone are fine.

iTunes recognises when I intentionally enter wrong password. Yet the correct password on iTunes Version 12.9.5.5

Once I press OK the login box disappears! I have Apple Music, can no longer login to my account. So I am paying Apple for an account I can not use on this MacBook!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2019 12:49 PM

10 replies

Jun 10, 2019 7:09 AM in response to turingtest2

I have the same Issue here, sometimes keeps on saying accessing iTunes Store... but nothing happening

I activated the three month trail on my iPhone XS(12.3.1) last week and works great

I cannot sign into iTunes (12.9.5.5) on my MacOs(10.14.5), I am not sure from when this has been an issue though.

I am signed into the App Store and iCloud and internet is working fine on the Mac.

I have tried several methods like, time settings etc

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400#computer

I have even managed to uninstall iTunes but had to reinstall Mojave to install iTunes again, the problem is still the same.

May 26, 2019 6:08 AM in response to DaveBandit

Your complete login on OS X depend on few location,

1# make sure you are logged in to iCloud

2# Apple Store

3# iTune has to be signed in and Authorised to gain full benefits.

itunes not accepting login on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.