Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text messages gone from iPhone but not iMac

Turned on my phone this morning and all my messages are gone. But when I open Messages on my iMac, they're all still there. How do I go about getting them back on the phone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 5:45 PM

After I posted my question, I went back and reread threads from others with similar problems. One poster solved his or her problem by turning off their phone and then turning it back on. I'm all for trying easy solutions first. So I did that and , lo and behold, all the texts returned to my phone. I have no idea what that was all about, but I'm glad the easy fix worked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 5:45 PM in response to Joseph Devlin

After I posted my question, I went back and reread threads from others with similar problems. One poster solved his or her problem by turning off their phone and then turning it back on. I'm all for trying easy solutions first. So I did that and , lo and behold, all the texts returned to my phone. I have no idea what that was all about, but I'm glad the easy fix worked.

text messages gone from iPhone but not iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.