Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted messages from my mac and it deleted them from my phone too. How do I recover the texts back onto my phone?

I was trying to clear up space on my MacBook and deleted my text messages on the MacBook and in attempt to delete them all at once, deleted the archive of the messages and then accidentally cleared my trash. When I looked at my iPhone ALL of my messages were deleted from there too! I just wanted to delete them off my computer, can I recover the messages back onto my phone?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 5:39 PM

Based off my experience and the linked article below, there is not a way to recover any of the messages you have deleted. If you were/are using iCloud to sync all your messages between your devices then whatever you do on one device with be replicated and synced on the others. If you are trying to free up space on your Mac in future, I would recommend that you turn off messages in iCloud on your Mac before deleting anything. That way anything you do will not be replicated to all your other devices.

Check out the following link for more information:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208532

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 5:39 PM in response to jeana022

Based off my experience and the linked article below, there is not a way to recover any of the messages you have deleted. If you were/are using iCloud to sync all your messages between your devices then whatever you do on one device with be replicated and synced on the others. If you are trying to free up space on your Mac in future, I would recommend that you turn off messages in iCloud on your Mac before deleting anything. That way anything you do will not be replicated to all your other devices.

Check out the following link for more information:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208532

I deleted messages from my mac and it deleted them from my phone too. How do I recover the texts back onto my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.