Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore messages from computer

I deleted a text. I have the chain on my computer, but deleted from my phone.

Messages on my phone is not synced to the cloud, but i do get messages on my computer. So if I turn sync on my computer will it override the phone and restore the message or will the phone override messages on my phone and delete the thread ??????

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 10:00 AM

SBNYparis wrote:

Messages on my phone is not synced to the cloud, but i do get messages on my computer. So if I turn sync on my computer will it override the phone and restore the message or will the phone override messages on my phone and delete the thread ??????

No, doesn't work that way. You need to do this Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support if you have one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2022 10:00 AM in response to SBNYparis

SBNYparis wrote:

No, doesn't work that way. You need to do this Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support if you have one.

Restore messages from computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.