Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2010 MacBook Pro OS X update

Hi, my MacBook Pro is a mid 2010, 13 inch, 2.4Ghz intel core 2 duo, 8gb ram and 750GB hard drive.

A few years ago I upgraded the original OS X to 10.9.5 (13F1911), and would like to know what the latest OS X is I can update it to now.

It runs great, I’ve had the keyboard replaced and a new battery, otherwise no problems apart from being on the third power brick, which did fail too but I stripped it and soldered the frayed wires and wrapped them in heat shrink... runs cooler now and works fine.

I can’t run the latest version of chrome and am guessing it’s the old OS X, hence the update question.

Thanks for any advice in advance,

Matt.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:15 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and download High Sierra.

(190931)

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 26, 2021 5:08 AM in response to Niel

Thanks for your reply and advice. I have now installed high sierra and despite a crash mid way through the first install, it's now stable and all updated.

My MacBook runs cooler, is quicker to respond and I can now watch YT at 1080, before it froze.

Chrome, firefox and safari are all updated and work fine now.

Until I can afford a new MacBook, this will work great for me, thanks again.

Matt.

2010 MacBook Pro OS X update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.