Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsync photos from Mac and iPhone

My photos from my iPhone show up on my mac as well and I did not want that. How can I unsync my photos from my devices so whenever I take a photo on my phone it doesnt also show up in my mac camera roll?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 9:22 AM

Hey INeedHelp120pls,

We see when you take photos on your iPhone, they sync to your Mac.

This is likely due to iCloud Photos. You can check if iCloud Photos is enabled on your devices in the following locations:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Apple ID. Click iCloud in the sidebar, then select Photos. If you have an earlier version of macOS, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photos.

If iCloud Photos is turned on, you can toggle it off on a single device, namely your Mac using those same steps. Make sure iCloud Photos is not selected under System Preferences > iCloud > Photos.

This will de-sync your Mac from iCloud Photos and it will not automatically update. See more info about iCloud Photos here:

Feel free to reply to this post if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 9:22 AM in response to INeedHelp120pls

Hey INeedHelp120pls,

We see when you take photos on your iPhone, they sync to your Mac.

This is likely due to iCloud Photos. You can check if iCloud Photos is enabled on your devices in the following locations:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Apple ID. Click iCloud in the sidebar, then select Photos. If you have an earlier version of macOS, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photos.

If iCloud Photos is turned on, you can toggle it off on a single device, namely your Mac using those same steps. Make sure iCloud Photos is not selected under System Preferences > iCloud > Photos.

This will de-sync your Mac from iCloud Photos and it will not automatically update. See more info about iCloud Photos here:

Feel free to reply to this post if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Unsync photos from Mac and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.