Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Place Audio Clip in the Timeline Where I want it in FCPX 10.5.1?

I am trying to place an audio clip in the timeline next to another audio clip but it automatically places itself down below all other tracks and I can't seem to budge it from there. Is there a way I can place the clip where I want? The clip in the screenshot that I want to move is the bottom right green clip labeled "Pileated." I would like to place it two levels up next to the clip labeled "Swainson's Thrush."

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:44 PM

You’re trying to place it on a track. There are no tracks in FCP. Does it matter that it’s not adjacent to the other clip? Will it sound different?

If you define the clips by roles, narration, effects, music 1, music 2, you can use the timeline index to group roles into lanes. You have to assign each clip a role. Right click on it and you can set the video or audio role or create custom roles.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 5:44 PM in response to Mattole

You’re trying to place it on a track. There are no tracks in FCP. Does it matter that it’s not adjacent to the other clip? Will it sound different?

If you define the clips by roles, narration, effects, music 1, music 2, you can use the timeline index to group roles into lanes. You have to assign each clip a role. Right click on it and you can set the video or audio role or create custom roles.

How to Place Audio Clip in the Timeline Where I want it in FCPX 10.5.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.