Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.1 on 202 mac book air and Turbotax 2020

Not able to download Turbotax 2020 software purchased from Sam's club. The message I get says the follwing disk images couldn't be opened. Image m_trubotax_1040_ar Reason image not recognized. I am not very techie. Tried Turbo tax help- only got a fake person. Thank for your help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 5:38 PM

Thanks. I finally got it to work, and feel it was just luck. Since I

had updated my OS yesterday I decided to shut down my computer again,

and when I rebooted it, I emptied my trash that had the error messages

in it, restarted again, and tried again, and it worked. Yeah! Got my

taxes started! Thanks!

8 replies

Jan 24, 2021 7:17 PM in response to Jenean6754

What is the full name of the file? Is it a .dmg file? Did the download complete? And you cannot open the downloaded file?

When I look at Sam's Club I don't see a downloadable purchase option for TurboTax, only physical CDs for Macs/PCs. Can you send a link to what you are trying to download?

If the file downloads as a .dmg file, you should be able to simply double-click it to open it successfully.

This is most likely an issue with your process for Sam's Club software purchase/download, not with TurboTax itself.

Jan 25, 2021 7:36 AM in response to steve626

Thanks for your help. When trying to open hte dmg file, after downloadint it , the warning says " The following disk images couldn't be opened. Inside a blue outlined rectangle is the is the complete file name m_turbotax_1040p_ar_2020.010.0100.dmg It says the image is not recognized. It didn't open. The file didn't download. The disk image is zero bytes. Another message message popped up on a subsequent try that red "Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'mZjpWhlD.dmg.part' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

The boxed intuit Turbotax premier was purchased at a Sam's club warehouse. It is not a Sam' club knock off. (I have been purchasing turbotax from Sam's or Costco for years. ) It includes two options for installation. A CD or download. Since mac airs don't have a cd rom drive I chose the online download installation option. The directions were to go to InstallTurboTax.com I signed into my Intuit/Turbo tax account, entered the license code assigned by the purchased Turbotax and planned to follow the install prompts to activate the software. That's when the messages occured.

Other online discussions have said there are problems with Mac OS Big Sur and turbox tax 2020. I had tried to download a copy from my son's turbotax (5 copies are allowed) the day before when my computer had the updated Catalina OS. I used the CD (my son has a CD rom drive) The file downloaded but wouldn't install. That's when I decided to intall BIg Sur and not use a CDrom drive. Frustrating. I will try to get a human at turbo tax today. (And probably end up returning the turbo tax program to Sams club and try "live" turbotax, which isn't my first choice.) Thanks for your thoughts! J

Jan 25, 2021 1:16 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Glad it worked for you!! The only time I have ever had problems with my mac and turbo tax was last year with my 10 year old mac pro and OS that couldn't be updated . That's one of the reasons I bought a new mac air. I tried the CD that my son owns (5 copies allowed) with his CD player. I have a new 2020 Mac Air with OS Catalina installed . Turbo tax from the CD loaded but couldn't complete the install. The directions say choose 1 install method- CD or Download. It wouldn't let me try to download it from Install turbotax.com. Said the license code had already been assoiated with an account. Check acct and look for it in download. So I updated my machine to BigSur 11.1 and went out and bought my own Premier turbo tax with the option to use the CD or download it and tried to get the download from "Install TurboTax.com" following the directions and using the license code that came with the turbo tax package. the image wasn't recognized. So frustrating. Now trying to get a human at turbotax that will help with download/install not tax questions. Thanks for you help!

Big Sur 11.1 on 202 mac book air and Turbotax 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.