Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur wont reinstall

Hi.

I’ve Got a MacBook Pro 2017 (A1708).

Im trying for tyr 10th time to reinstall Big Sur by using the “command+R” option.

Then I

Deleting the disk/ hdd and reinstalling it

The moves on to reinstalling Big Sur

but like for the the 10th time, either gets stuck on 12/13 minuts left and or getting error code

”action couldnt complete. (Pkdownloaderror error 8)”

Also tried to use “command+option+shift+R”

1. connecting to my Wi-Fi
  2. Waiting a few minuts for the system to promt the setup menu to choose my language
  3. Getting the macOs-help menu
  4. Deleting the hdd- reinstalling it
  5. Pushing first aid -no errors found
  6. Trying to install New MacOs
  7. getting this: Which says In Danish

”The Instsllation informations on the recovery server is damaged

Note I did many times try:

“command+option+R+P” and waited for the second bip sound to come on before relesing the power button.

Nothing seems to work.

How Can i fix this?

I also have a Working imac on the same network a late 2013 running Catalina Can this be used In any way to do a install onto my macbook pro?

Thanks for any one with ideas how to get pass this

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:01 AM

Just wanna close this down and say i sent put bought a dongle type-c to usb and everything was fixed using a USB drive to reinstall that Way.

So anyone having same issues should go for the usb fix. Worked with ez for me.

So thx

to everyone who helped.

Have a good one, and stay safe.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 6:01 AM in response to dialabrain

Just wanna close this down and say i sent put bought a dongle type-c to usb and everything was fixed using a USB drive to reinstall that Way.

So anyone having same issues should go for the usb fix. Worked with ez for me.

So thx

to everyone who helped.

Have a good one, and stay safe.

Jan 25, 2021 2:46 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. I will for sure try that 👍

The thing is, i dont have a “dongle” Type-c to Usb to connect with as of now.

But i do have Imac, tablet, iphone and Windows pc 😁 and wifi so my hope was i did not have to spent more for something as stupid (if u ask me) as a type C to usb which i have no use for other than fixing and reinstall the MacOS .

Jan 25, 2021 4:33 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks! You are spot on, but just to launch the High Sierra installation the file system has to be correct- which is why i tried time and time again to “delete disk/hdd” and reinstall the filesystem gong between Catalina and High Sierra.

The error is relater to the “server on the internet” Were it says the MacOs is corrupted.

and i have no clue why either wouldnt work.

The drive it selvf shows no error messege what so ever and the internet connection is 100% fine..

Big Sur wont reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.