Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is apple care plus for MacBook Air worth it?

My question is basically the above. I bought the base new macbok air which I believe is 999. Is it worth paying a quarter of the price of my computer for apple care plus? I'm having trouble deciding... I honestly don't think it's worth it but if someone has a different opinion please let me know and why.

Additionally, does anybody know how much it is to repair a cracked screen without apple care plus, and then with AppleCare plus it's 99 I believe?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:25 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 25, 2021 10:41 AM in response to lasfbaby

AppleCare+, as you know, is an extended service plan that Apple makes available with their products. Without it, for example, your notebook would only be covered for manufacturing defects for a period of one year. Any repairs outside of that, would come at a full cost to you. The key is some of those repairs may cost as much as 50-75% of the device itself. Like any insurance policy, it's a gamble and only you can decide if it's worth the cost to you.

As far as repair costs, the following article should help with that: Mac Service and Repair - Apple Support

Note that it would be impossible for any of us to tell you what any repair will end up costing you. You used the notebook's screen as an example, but depending on the actual issue found, it may also include the notebook's GPU/logic board that needs to be replaced. This drives up the cost significantly.

Jan 25, 2021 1:36 PM in response to lasfbaby

The $99 out of pocket to replace the screen plus the cost

of AppleCare+ is probably less than 1/2 of what replacing

the screen would cost. Also, the coverage covers 2 incidents

a years. Also, the same applies to the $299 for other accidental

damage.

Then there is always the outside chance that 2 years from now

something on the motherboard simply dies or the screen fizzles,

in which case there is no out of pocket for repair. In any complex

product there can always be some little demon waiting inside

to rear its ugly head.

As far as accidental coverage, it sure beats having to spend the cost

of a new MacBook Air.

Is apple care plus for MacBook Air worth it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.