Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Does AppleCare cover cracked screens?

Does apple care cover cracked screens?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:24 AM

Apple Care doesn't cover accidental events.

If you subscribed to an Apple Care Plus Protection Plan, two accidental events per year are covered (with a modest fee).

That said, start here:--> iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

Jun 13, 2023 4:08 PM in response to bianca0801

Hello,

AppleCare+ for iPhone provides unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection from unexpected and unintentional events such as drops, spills, or cracked screens.

You can get the latest information about AppleCare+ for iPhone here: AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

Note that each incident is subject to a service fee or excess fee. The resource linked above provides an overview of those  fees.

Take care!

Jun 4, 2021 6:16 AM in response to bianca0801

The free, standard, one-year, limited AppleCare warranty plan does NOT cover any user damage.

ONLY damages caused by manufacturing defects.

ONLY paid, extended, AppleCare+ warranty plan covers user damages, like a cracked screen.

If you didn't purchase extended AppleCare+ for that iPad, be prepared to pay a high cost for repair/device replacement.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Dec 11, 2023 6:42 PM in response to iJAWs

It's not unlimited under Apple Care +. Two instances, that's it.

I have an M1 MacBook Air that had not one but two defects emerge within 90 days. Apple Store insisted on filing it as accident even though it had never dropped or even left my house.

First issue was the anti-glare coating rubbing off over the track pad area (couldn't even blame it on the keys touching the screen).

Second issue (which developed in tandem with the above, not separate warranty claims) was the fact that the sharp inner aluminum corners below the display cracked the bezel near the hinge area — an area that doesn't come into contact with anything (apart from itself) because one doesn't pull on the bottom half of the display to open the MacBook Air so how can there be any cracks form there UNLESS somebody physically sat on the MacBook with the lid closed (which in this case, never happened!) Nevertheless, the Apple Store blamed "damage" and insisted on me paying a $100 deductible for $300 coverage. Between the added coverage and the deductible I am up to 3/4 the value of the MacBook Air when I bought it on clearance over the summer. (Ugh). But it gets worse: I looked up what would happen if that same sharp spot ruined my replacement screen, and learned that after the 2nd instance the Apple Care Plus doesn't apply. So be forewarned!

Does AppleCare cover cracked screens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.