Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I personally don’t want to see ads at all

I want to know if there’s a way to remove ads out of iOS it’s distasteful and irritating I pay for Apple news just to be bombarded with ads and for a company that is all about privacy it just is mine boggling to me I don’t wanna see any ads at all in the UI I paid for the device for a reason and I don’t want to see ads while using it I can understand if I download an app and that app happens to be free that there may be consequences to that i.e. ads However right out of the box and by paying for a premium service like Apple news I have to see them anyway this is ridiculous.

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:20 PM

I understand what you’re trying to say but how can $2 trillion company Be hurting that bad to have as integrated into native apps I don’t really use Apple news even though I’m subscribed I’m only stating a concern right now it’s news what’s next you go in to settings on your iPhone and you’ll see an ad there as well Based on the millions of devices that Apple sells a year not including what they charged third-party developers to be on the App Store I don’t think they need the extra money from ad revenue just my opinion

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 2:20 PM in response to sberman

I understand what you’re trying to say but how can $2 trillion company Be hurting that bad to have as integrated into native apps I don’t really use Apple news even though I’m subscribed I’m only stating a concern right now it’s news what’s next you go in to settings on your iPhone and you’ll see an ad there as well Based on the millions of devices that Apple sells a year not including what they charged third-party developers to be on the App Store I don’t think they need the extra money from ad revenue just my opinion

Jan 25, 2021 2:47 PM in response to sberman

Ok person who thinks they know everything as a software company they can choose to not have it in native Apps such as news Apple works a little differently than entertainment conglomerates are you subscribe to Apple TV they don’t show ads in that so your argument is kind of irrelevant they’ve obviously showing that they have power to not include ads in certain products or services I’m just saying that how can a company that talks so heavily on privacy and you have to see ads I’m just saying my post wasn’t a question by the way it was merely a statement that I don’t want to see ads so did not need render a response In the first place

Jan 25, 2021 12:16 PM in response to VonHorn

Note this sentence from the third paragraph of the article linked above:

”This may not decrease the number of ads you receive, but the ads may be less relevant to you.”

Subscribing to Apple News+ (which I also happen to do) does clearly not provide enough funding to pay for all the news and magazines you receive. So that funding is augmented by advertising revenue. There is no way to remove the advertising. If you don’t like it, you don’t need to read the news.

(I do not work for Apple.)

Jan 25, 2021 2:31 PM in response to VonHorn

Ads can’t be removed from over-the-air TV stations. Ads can’t be removed from Facebook. Ads can’t be removed from Google searches. Ads can’t be removed from Apple News. Such is the world we live in.

We don’t get to specify how Apple chooses to seek funding. We get to respond by purchasing or using their products (or not).

Jan 25, 2021 2:54 PM in response to deggie

They possibly do need revenue but you have to look at this as well companies like Cnet the verge and other Companies like that spread a lot of information that is already out there like basically they get information from CNBC reword it and post it on their website that has no ads I’m not arguing rather these companies need revenue or not I’m just merely saying that if you’re going to toute privacy And security in your operating system I would think that it would have no ads in any of the native apps that come on the phone or any of the software that comes on the phone pre-install i.e. the operating system as I said in a response before it doesn’t make sense how a $2 trillion company that has no ads on anything that you watch on Apple TV or Apple TV+ but has ads in the news it doesn’t make sense it is I was just voicing my opinion and how I dont agree with it when people ask me to describe Apple I describe it as a very secure company that’s easy to use they care about your information they don’t try to sell you anything just like in the stores they merely show you the product there is no Hardsell And it’s an amazing company but now that I’ve just noticed that there are ads in the news app that changes my perspective a little bit that’s one of the reasons why I don’t own an android device because android devices show advertisements in not just their native app but also in settings It makes you really think why did I buy this phone if I have no control over what information shown to me that’s why I feel like in native abs and in the native OS there should be absolutely no ads now if you download something that’s third-party that’s a whole different situation you chose to have that app but in this conversation I feel like when you buy the phone it’s your property and you should be able to have the option to opt into seeing advertisements or to opt out completely it should be the consumers choice.

I personally don’t want to see ads at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.