Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted apps still showing in storage

I have deleted several apps from my iPhone X by pressing & holding the icon and selecting "Remove app". In the past, this would completely remove the app from my phone. Now any app I have deleted, I can still search for it if I type it in the search bar or if I scroll all the way to right it is still in my app library. I can also still use the app. My issue is that the app is still showing in my storage usage... how do I completely delete an app from my phone? Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 1:20 PM

I moved the app from my App Library back to my home screen but am not able to completely delete it. When I long press it gives me 3 options: Remove App, Share App, & Edit Home Screen... if I choose Remove App, it says that I am removing it from my Home Screen to the App Library. I have also tried going to my storage in settings but do not see any options to delete the app. Am I going to the right storage in my settings? Settings, General, iPhone Storage... when I do these steps I can find the app I am wanting to delete but I do not see any options to delete it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 1:20 PM in response to Community User

I moved the app from my App Library back to my home screen but am not able to completely delete it. When I long press it gives me 3 options: Remove App, Share App, & Edit Home Screen... if I choose Remove App, it says that I am removing it from my Home Screen to the App Library. I have also tried going to my storage in settings but do not see any options to delete the app. Am I going to the right storage in my settings? Settings, General, iPhone Storage... when I do these steps I can find the app I am wanting to delete but I do not see any options to delete it.

Jan 25, 2021 12:33 PM in response to kimbo_godare

It sounds like you did not delete them, but only removed them from the home screen, so now they are in the App Library. Find the apps to delete inside App Library, long press on them and select delete. You can do a restart afterwards. Alternatively, you can delete them directly inside Storage.

Deleted apps still showing in storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.