Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've tried reseting my password, and using the sudo command but my computer still won't let me unlock any of my system preferences, what else can I do?

I've tried reseting my password, and using the sudo command but my computer still won't let me unlock any of my system preferences, what else can I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 1:42 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203127

5 replies

Jan 25, 2021 1:15 PM in response to alexana17

What year is your MacBook Pro 13" currently running macOS Big Sur 11.1? How much ram and storage did your 13" MacBook Pro come preinstalled with? Do you currently get any error messages or anything else when you tried resetting your password and using the sudo command when you are trying to unlock any of your system preferences? We need more information about what is going on here.

Jan 25, 2021 1:27 PM in response to redhead101

The MacBook is a 2020 MacBook purchased in Dec. Yes, I am currently running macOS Big Sur 11.1. RAM is 2 GHz, Storage is 16GB. I get no error messages when trying to rest my password or when using the sudo command. Nothing pops up exect it won't let me into change my system preferences. I enter my password to try to change my date and time preferences and it just will pop up with the password box again and again. I only have one account on this computer so I should be in the administrative user profile. I've tried resetting my password and re starting my computer to have the same thing happen.

Let me know if you need more info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.