Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't shut down iPhone 11. Screen unresponsive and buttons not working

I have an iPhone 11 that is not responsive. I was able to get it to the Shut Off screen but cannot do anything there. The slide to power off won't slide and the up volume then down volume then hold power button doesn't work.

I tried pugging it into my mac and going to iCloud but I don't see a way to shut it off there. Is there some way that I can restart this iPhone?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:42 AM

First I will say that I (somehow) managed to resolve the issue. I just kept hitting buttons until it finally shut down.

The problem that I was having was that I was on the shut down page but couldn't do anything on the screen. Additionally the buttons were not working which stopped me from doing the workaround that was suggested.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 7:42 AM in response to MichelleT18

First I will say that I (somehow) managed to resolve the issue. I just kept hitting buttons until it finally shut down.

The problem that I was having was that I was on the shut down page but couldn't do anything on the screen. Additionally the buttons were not working which stopped me from doing the workaround that was suggested.

Jan 27, 2021 2:29 PM in response to ccoe119

Hello ccoe119,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your iPhone 11 is frozen and you're unable to power it off. We'd be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Let's start with the steps here to force the iPhone to restart:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Can't shut down iPhone 11. Screen unresponsive and buttons not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.