Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie not connecting to icloud document folder

When I want to import media into iMovie from my iCloud Document and Desktop folder they do not come up in the menu at the bottom of the page. An empty document and desktop folder within my local hard drive comes up. Any ideas

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:36 AM

In the import window, click on your user name under Favorites in the side bar. Scroll down in the resulting display until you come to an iCloud Drive (Archive) folder (there may be more than one). Open the folder and you should see the Documents subfolder in there.

If you are not seeing something like the above, or the documents folder is empty, sign in at iCloud.com and navigate to the Documents folder and drag out what you want.

Also check to confirm that you have iCloud enabled on your Mac.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 11:36 AM in response to anntroberts

In the import window, click on your user name under Favorites in the side bar. Scroll down in the resulting display until you come to an iCloud Drive (Archive) folder (there may be more than one). Open the folder and you should see the Documents subfolder in there.

If you are not seeing something like the above, or the documents folder is empty, sign in at iCloud.com and navigate to the Documents folder and drag out what you want.

Also check to confirm that you have iCloud enabled on your Mac.

-- Rich

Jan 26, 2021 12:09 PM in response to Rich839

Hi Rich This is really helpful :) I found the iCloudDrive (Archive) folder and the Documents subfolder. It is not up to date in that the last activity in that folder is November 2020. I store in iCloud drive and it works on my portable so I am not quite sure what you mean by ensure I Cloud is enables on my Mac. I have just remembered that my photos are not up today on this computer either. I wonder if there is a synch setting I need to adjust. Thank you ---Ann

Jan 26, 2021 12:18 PM in response to anntroberts

Try signing in to iCloud.com on the internet and see if your current files are there.

Also, when you click on the finder icon in your doc (the blue and white square with the smiley face on it) and then click on iCloud Drive in the sidebar, to you see your current files in there?

In your System Preferencs/iCloud, make sure that the iCloud icon is checked.

-- Rich

imovie not connecting to icloud document folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.