Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my mac slowed down after upgrading to big sur

So basically I do not why but after upgrading my mac to Big Sur I feel uncomfortable.

I have the impression that the system works slower and heats up much faster.

I am giving u an example:

On Catalina, I had running Visual Studio Code and the application in Chrome. Everything was perfect.

No fan, no lags. Now on Big Sur, I do the same things and the fan is running. Additionally, sometimes I feel lags during switch screens using the touchpad-3-fingers move.

I do not why this happens.

So how can prevent all this weird stuff after Big Sur?

Is a downgrade to Catalina will helps?

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:05 AM

You can try uninstalling it. You have to look for the instructions on their website.

If the problem persists, you may have to do a clean install.

Try uninstalling cmm, then run Etrecheck again to make sure it is totally gone, and see how your system performs.

Never installing anything that claims to "clean", "speed up" or "optimize" your mac. They're scams and can adversely affect your mac. And cmm is among the worst.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 7:05 AM in response to bartek208

You can try uninstalling it. You have to look for the instructions on their website.

If the problem persists, you may have to do a clean install.

Try uninstalling cmm, then run Etrecheck again to make sure it is totally gone, and see how your system performs.

Never installing anything that claims to "clean", "speed up" or "optimize" your mac. They're scams and can adversely affect your mac. And cmm is among the worst.

Feb 16, 2021 4:23 PM in response to bartek208

Hello,

I followed your raised question and here are some fixes for your Mac but first of all I would I have to tell you to not downgrade to Catalina because Catalina's support is ended and apple is fully concentrated on Mac Big Sur, to keep in touch the apple's movement and latest features, I highly suggest you stay with Mac Big Sur.

Here are some fixes that worked with my 2017 iMac which came with Mac Catalina when I first got it, now I have Big Sur and it's as smooth as butter.

• Enable reduce motion (This will help reduce or perhaps fully stop your map from lagging. If you still face slowing/lagging/glitching issues, you can also reduce transparency which will help for sure but won't look as good).

• Make sure to get CleanMyMac and run all of its free programs (You can also get paid version if you want).

https://cleanmymac.com/

• If you just recently updated to macOS Big Sur and you feel the Mac is slower than usual, the best course of action is to keep the Mac awake, plugged in (if it’s a laptop), and let it sit for a while (perhaps overnight or for a nights) – basically, hurry up and wait. I know that sounds like weird advice, but here’s the logic behind it: after a major macOS system software update, the Mac performs various maintenance routines behind the scenes, it reindexes the drive for Spotlight and Siri and apps like Photos may reindex too. So basically, let the Mac sit turned on overnight, perhaps for a few nights in a row, and allow those indexing and optimization processes to complete. When they’re finished, the performance of the Mac should be significantly better, if not entirely back to normal. This is often the number one reasons Mac users think a new

the operating system is slower than a prior version, so don’t disregard this

simple advice!

Taking these steps has helped me significantly to reduce total lag and other slowing issues. In-fact, my iMac now runs better with Mac Big Sur compared to Catalina.

Jan 26, 2021 6:54 AM in response to bartek208

You have fallen prey to the creepy "cleanmymac"...

User Login Items:

[Not Loaded] CleanMyMac-MAS Menu (App Store - installed 2021-01-25)

Modern Login Item

/Applications/CleanMyMac-MAS.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/CleanMyMac-MAS Menu.app

[Loaded] S8EX82NJP6.com.macpaw.CleanMyMac-mas.HealthMonitor (App Store - installed 2021-01-25)

Modern Login Item

/Applications/CleanMyMac-MAS.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/CleanMyMac-MAS Menu.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/S8EX82NJP6.com.macpaw.CleanMyMac-mas.HealthMonitor.app

Why my mac slowed down after upgrading to big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.