Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application Folder with 2 icons

Why do 2 of the same application icons appear on my applications folder. I recently accidentally

dragged the icon to my application folder and 2 appeared right after. How do I return it to normal?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 6:40 AM

Hi icykicks,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you have a question about more than one app icon, and we'd like to help.

We're thinking that you are looking in Finder > Applications. Get to know the Finder on your Mac

If so, look at the details for each icon. Is one without any data, or a very small amount of data associated?

Then, try and double click each icon to see what opens.

Drag the one icon to the Trash which either has little or no data associated, or doesn't open the app. Do not empty the Trash yet.

Then, open the remaining app icon, and verify everything is working as expected.

Once you verify all is well, you can empty the Trash. Delete files and folders on Mac

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 6:40 AM in response to icykicks

Hi icykicks,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you have a question about more than one app icon, and we'd like to help.

We're thinking that you are looking in Finder > Applications. Get to know the Finder on your Mac

If so, look at the details for each icon. Is one without any data, or a very small amount of data associated?

Then, try and double click each icon to see what opens.

Drag the one icon to the Trash which either has little or no data associated, or doesn't open the app. Do not empty the Trash yet.

Then, open the remaining app icon, and verify everything is working as expected.

Once you verify all is well, you can empty the Trash. Delete files and folders on Mac

Take care!

Application Folder with 2 icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.