Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove incompatible and unused icons from my applicatiopns folder? They won't open so uninstall is not an option. I have tried to drag them in trash but they won't drop

How do I remove incompatible and unused icons from my applicatiopns folder? They won't open so uninstall is not an option. I have tried to drag them in trash but they won't drop

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 1:10 PM

Are you an administrator on the computer?

How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

The command-drag should be enough.

4 replies

Mar 1, 2021 1:47 PM in response to Keith Barkley

You can try using this free app: AppCleaner . Just drag the app into the open AppCleaner window check all checkboxes and click on the Remove button.

WARNING: If you use AppCleaner on an app that you have other apps from the same developer, like Adobe, you must be extremely careful checking all checkboxes and deleting.  Some for those files may support other apps from the same developer and deleting them can mess them up.  Adobe apps is a primary example. I know from experience.  For singular apps from a developer it's safe.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.