Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Automation on waking up

I am slowly getting my head around automations, but cannot figure this one out, or even if it is possible.

This is what I want it to do.

When I turn off my morning alarm.

• Turn on bathroom light
  • Turn on downstairs light in kitchen.

I have both of the above set up as a scene in Homekit.

I have set up this to work, but I have identified some extra things that I would like to happen.

• This only needs to happen if I am 'at home'
  • The lights only need to come on if it is before sunrise.

This is what I have set up for the first part, but its the extra bits I cannot figure.

1. Personal Automation
  2. Alarm
  3. When - is stopped - alarms - any
  4. Add action
  5. Search - Home
  6. Control Our Home
  7. Set scenes and accessories
  8. Run 'good morning scene'

All help is appreciated.

Trevor

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:14 PM

Trevor ~ I don't do Home automations (only Personal ones), so I don't know how you'd incorporate my suggestions. Anyway, the following should provide for your Sunrise request. But if it doesn't, you can probably see how to modify it.

RoutineHub • Is it Day or Night?

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 30, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Alancito

Yes it is all working fine.

This is what I have done. Think it could be made cleaner, but it works and I don't want to change it now.

I had to put the 'At Home' shortcut in manually as I could not get it to work correctly linking to the original shortcut.

'Day or Night' is the shortcut from your link and 'Good Morning' is a from Homekit to set the lights how I want them.

It took me a while to figure out how to test when I was 'away' but the penny dropped and I just changed my home address in the script to somewhere different. :-)

Many thanks

Trevor

Personal Automation on waking up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.