Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - facebook 360 photo won't work

Hello,

I have never had an issue uploading a panorama to Facebook on any of my previous iPhones and having FB convert to a 360 photo. Now that I have upgraded phones I cannot get an iPhone 12 Pro Max panorama to display as a Facebook 360 photo. I have tried it on two other iPhone 12 Pro Max phones too and it does not work on those either. I have tried via the app and via a web browser. Does anyone have solution to this? Thank you

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 5:57 AM

Same issue with iPhone 12 mini.

i understand that apple support guys are not aware of what Facebook app does or not.

But maybe you can just tell us what were the the characteristics of panorama fotos on iPhone 7 for example and what change on iPhone(s)12???

14 replies

Jan 28, 2021 8:01 AM in response to jcolby

Hi jcolby,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're experiencing an issue uploading photos to Facebook. Since Facebook isn't an Apple developed app, we'd recommend that you contact Facebook to investigate this further with you. If you need help to locate their contact info, here's a handy resource you can reference: How to contact an app developer

Take care!

Feb 14, 2021 12:52 AM in response to jcolby

I have the same issue. The iPhone 12 Pro Max displays the panorama as regular photo where as the iPhone XS Max displays it as a proper panorama.

I tried changing the format from high Efficiency (HEIC) to Most Compatible (JPEG) yet to still no avail.

Note: I also tried shutting off Apple ProRAW, without any luck.

Other Issue on the topic:

In addition the IPhone 12 Pro Max does not yet have the ability to use High Dynamic Range nor its new Night Mode using a panoramas.

Potential Workaround:

I wish they would have the ability to convert a 360 night time lapse into a panorama.

Additional Features:

Or like modern dlsr/mirrorless use a motion blur effect option to remove moving objects from the panorama.

Mar 28, 2021 7:22 AM in response to jcolby

Hi all, I have the same problem with std iPhone 12. As I test I took pano photo on my iPhone 7, air dropped to me 12 and it works, not matter what setting I choose on the 12 it’s no good. I believe it’s Facebook not allowing the photo taken on the 12 to work, probably because of ongoing battles between Apple and Facebook, Facebook are just not being helpful

Jun 10, 2021 1:38 PM in response to jcolby

I encountered this behavior with panoramic photos taken both on an iPhone 12 and on an iPad Pro (10.5 inch). For me, changing the data in a single Exif field allowed Facebook to recognize the panoramic picture as 360 for upload. I AirDropped the picture to my Mac computer, used Exif Editor app to change the data in the Exif field "Camera Model Name" from " iPhone 12" to "iPhone 8", and was then able to upload it as 360 from FB on a browser without making any other changes to the photo (no changes to dimensions or file size). This likely is not the solution you want, but it suggests that the problem is with how Facebook uses the Exif data.

Aug 10, 2021 3:14 PM in response to Help-me-please-apple

Help-me-please-apple wrote:

Just tried this today since upgrading to iPhone 12 Pro max from iPhone 7 max and doesn’t work. Apple. Please check this. Even in Facebook can tag it as a 360photo but no longer shows as a 360 interactive photo. Just show a rectangular photo. Can’t be hard to test it. Please do so and see how to fix it.

That is Facebook app feature. It is for Facebook app Devs to check why this feature isn’t working for some iPhone users. Report the issue to Facebook.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - facebook 360 photo won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.