Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete apps in IOS 14.4

I am trying to delete apps on my iPhone and I am unable to do so.

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 4:51 AM

If you can't delete the app.. then how are you re-downloading it?

If you are having an issue within an app, contact the app developer

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Stuff about deleting..

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 4:51 AM in response to djlkjsfidsj

If you can't delete the app.. then how are you re-downloading it?

If you are having an issue within an app, contact the app developer

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Stuff about deleting..

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

Feb 16, 2021 4:58 AM in response to Chris0107

When I delete the app, it’s supposed to delete all data and files. It’s not supposed to save it when you re-download it. So I used to be able to delete an app, then when I re-download it, it takes me to the “login in” part. My friend logged me out of my app and she made an account and it froze. So I naturally deleted it to re-download it so I can sign in again. BUT HER FROZEN login keeps popping up. No login appears. Cant clear the cache and nothing is working. I need to FULLY delete the app and data and I can no longer do that. Please helpppp. And I am guessing it is saved in app store icloud or something so I removed it from icloud and STILL the data wont delete.

Feb 16, 2021 5:05 AM in response to Chris0107

I mean I did that first and they still haven’t responded. And I agree. But the entire point of the “delete data and app” or “offload app and keep data” is literally for this purpose. So clearly the IOS “delete app and data” has no functionality of executing its purpose because it doesn’t actually delete the data from the phone. I’ve tried 13 different attempts to fix this. Now it’s officially driving me nuts. My gut is telling me the app store is somehow remembering the data and there is no forum to delete apps and data from there. Any thoughts?

I can't delete apps in IOS 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.