Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone drop in a small bowl of water,” face down”, now my ear piece is very muffled and I can hardly hear out of it. This has been since Saturday 1/22 , I have dried it with a towel, left it face down and nothing has helped.

I’d this is splash proof water resistant and was in a 1/2 inch of water for less then 10 seconds why does my ear speaker not work?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:10 PM

The water resistance of any device is not guaranteed nor is it permanent, many environmental factors, such as temperature, do affect it, daily use also does so too. It is why Apple doesn't provide service for free under warranty for water damage.

If your earpiece is muffled, see if this helps: About splash, water and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later.

What I usually do is that I blast out music at maximum volume with the phone to push the water out (similar to how the Apple Watch does this). Remember to face the earpiece down, so that the water can come out effectively.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 7:10 PM in response to Bdoty1984

The water resistance of any device is not guaranteed nor is it permanent, many environmental factors, such as temperature, do affect it, daily use also does so too. It is why Apple doesn't provide service for free under warranty for water damage.

If your earpiece is muffled, see if this helps: About splash, water and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later.

What I usually do is that I blast out music at maximum volume with the phone to push the water out (similar to how the Apple Watch does this). Remember to face the earpiece down, so that the water can come out effectively.

My phone drop in a small bowl of water,” face down”, now my ear piece is very muffled and I can hardly hear out of it. This has been since Saturday 1/22 , I have dried it with a towel, left it face down and nothing has helped.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.