Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.3 Update Issues

Ever since the iOS 14.3 Update my iPhone 8+ is failing in quality phone calls.

The new iOS has set the volume so low that the phone has become unusable and I am forced to use a Bluetooth system or loud speaker........ and yes I have had a hearing test and that's not the problem.

This has happened before with an update about 2 years back and my phone was replaced under warranty to resolve this, but now it is out of warranty and the issue has occurred through updating from iOS 14.2 to 14.3, it is clearly an Apple issue and not something I should be paying for out of my own pocket!

If anyone can advise how I fix this then it would be highly appreciated, if not I will be making a formal complaint to Apple about it, the cost of the phone this is unacceptable.

Noting in summary, call volume is so low you cannot hear the person on the other end of the line with volume turned up to maximum.

Any assistance to correct this issue will be wonderful, thank you everyone in advance

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 6:16 PM

Hello All,

After looking at other threads on the community this morning I saw that there was complaints about the iOS 14.4 update so thought "what have got to lose? My phone is stuffed anyway". I checked for this update and it was available for my iPhone 8+

I am happy to announce that this update fixed these issues and my phone is functional and usable again, a good (the best) outcome.

Have a good day all,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 6:16 PM in response to GrumpyBum

Hello All,

After looking at other threads on the community this morning I saw that there was complaints about the iOS 14.4 update so thought "what have got to lose? My phone is stuffed anyway". I checked for this update and it was available for my iPhone 8+

I am happy to announce that this update fixed these issues and my phone is functional and usable again, a good (the best) outcome.

Have a good day all,

iOS 14.3 Update Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.