Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DEP enrolled devices: iOS apps showing "waiting" underneath

Hi,

I am having an issue with DEP enrolled devices where all of the iOS apps are showing "Waiting..." and are not useable. I have had a look online and cannot find anything related to my issue. All I am finding is with personal devices and that it is due to iCloud not being logged in - this is not the problem.

I have set the devices up through Apple Configurator 2 and creating restrictions and other management things on an MDM. The issue arises before I apply any profiles to the device, however.

I have skipped a lot of steps in the setup process through Apple Configurator apart from Location Services.

The devices are supervised and on complete enrolment. I can assign VPP licenses to the devices and those apps download and install successfully. It is just the default iOS apps that are encountering this issue.

Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated. These iPads are to go home to children home learning so we are trying to get them out quickly.

Many thanks,

Dom

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 5:13 AM

The issue with this was that our firewall was not allowing the installation of the apps. I have connected the device to an external network and they have installed fine.

Similar questions

1 reply

DEP enrolled devices: iOS apps showing "waiting" underneath

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.