Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking steps on Treadmill Desks.

What workout should you use to track steps when using a 'Treadmill Desk' when your hands don't move (stationary on desk/keyboard) but your feet do?

Nothing I do seems to work. The app that sends data to Apple Health doesn't get pulled into Activity/Fitness... although it's in Apple Health.

Currently I'm trying 'Stair Stepper' - which I assume compensates for little to know hand movements. Thoughts?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 9:37 AM

Try this;

3 replies

Jan 27, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Community User

Ha! Not out of the question with regard to step tracking... the movement is there. In all seriousness, do you think it can track heart rate from there? User reports that it can. Any supporting evidence out there to confirm? To clarify, obviously it's not recommended by Apple... but I'm looking to see if the heart monitoring tech will work there.

Tracking steps on Treadmill Desks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.