Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Standing Desk/Walking Treadmill Not Counting Steps

I have a standing desk at work and a walking treadmill underneath my desk. I walk and type during meetings, so my arms aren't at my side when I'm walking. I found that I'm not getting any "steps" counted. Anyone else?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:15 PM

Even if your arms aren't at your side, are they moving as if you were walking? That is the only way the watch can count your steps. For example, holding onto the handrail while on the treadmill would not contribute your steps. What some people do in those situations is strap the watch around their ankle instead of their wrist.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 12:15 PM in response to ScubaDiva100

Even if your arms aren't at your side, are they moving as if you were walking? That is the only way the watch can count your steps. For example, holding onto the handrail while on the treadmill would not contribute your steps. What some people do in those situations is strap the watch around their ankle instead of their wrist.

Standing Desk/Walking Treadmill Not Counting Steps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.