Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notifications on locked screen after updating to 14.4 iOS on iphone Xs

I just updated my phone to iOS 14.4 and my phone no longer vibrates or even lights up when notification is received on a locked phone. That is the case whether the phone is on silent or not.

Is this a know bug?

If the solution is to reset the phone i am not really willing to do that, as it was working perfectly fine until i have updated to latest iOS.

I have also checked the obvious settings, notifications, silent mode, night mode etc etc etc

i also have an apple watch, which i just updated. Is it a new feature that when notification come on the watch they dont appear on the phone? If thats the case its an awful feature !

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 3:46 PM

Hey alechr,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the notifications on your iPhone and Apple Watch. Looking into this, when you're wearing your Apple Watch and your iPhone is locked, the notifications will appear on your Apple Watch only. The following guide has more information: Notifications on your Apple Watch

Let's make sure everything is working as expected. If you're not wearing your Apple Watch, do you see the notifications come through on your iPhone as expected? If so, we recommend leaving feedback on this. Apple always welcome feedback, and that can be shared here:

Feedback - iPhone

Feedback - Apple Watch

Keep us posted.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 3:46 PM in response to alechr

Hey alechr,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the notifications on your iPhone and Apple Watch. Looking into this, when you're wearing your Apple Watch and your iPhone is locked, the notifications will appear on your Apple Watch only. The following guide has more information: Notifications on your Apple Watch

Let's make sure everything is working as expected. If you're not wearing your Apple Watch, do you see the notifications come through on your iPhone as expected? If so, we recommend leaving feedback on this. Apple always welcome feedback, and that can be shared here:

Feedback - iPhone

Feedback - Apple Watch

Keep us posted.

Take care.

Jan 30, 2021 3:22 PM in response to KMB_12

Hi kareng12,

I can confirm that the scenario above was successful. I wouldn't say i am supper excited with this functionality as i am missing a lot of messages. Thank you for the links above, i will give my feedback. Maybe an option for the user if they want or not to get notification on both devices.

No notifications on locked screen after updating to 14.4 iOS on iphone Xs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.