Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro powers off with good battery

Recently, while on battery, my MacBook Pro powers off with plenty of juice left in the battery. Just this morning there was 77% battery when it powered off. When I tried to restart with battery power the icon of low battery (red) appeared indicating to plug it in to the charger. When I plugged it into the charger it turned on showing 77% battery level . . . it has subsequently charged to 100%.

The MB Pro is late 2013 and the cycle count in battery information is 688.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 5:24 PM

Tyler Campbell wrote:

Recently, while on battery, my MacBook Pro powers off with plenty of juice left in the battery. Just this morning there was 77% battery when it powered off. When I tried to restart with battery power the icon of low battery (red) appeared indicating to plug it in to the charger. When I plugged it into the charger it turned on showing 77% battery level . . . it has subsequently charged to 100%.

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 5:24 PM in response to Tyler Campbell

Tyler Campbell wrote:

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

MacBook Pro powers off with good battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.