Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double sided printing grey-out when printing pdfs from internet.

I can not double side print pdfs. It doesn't matter if I'm printing direct from the web or if it's been downloaded and I'm printing within adobe. double side option is always greyed out and can not be selected.

I've tried everything including changing the printer default options through terminal, caps modifications per adobe instructions for Adobe acrobat reader DC, ... can anyone help? Using basic canon home printer. There are no options for printer preferences, so there's no way to enable directly with the printer itself. Did not have this issue with previous PC desktop and same printer. FRUSTRATED and in need of ideas.

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 8:06 PM

You did not indicate what printer you use, but the following works with my Epson and Canon printers:

Click Printer button in lower left (in image above)...

Note (image above) Two-Sided is greyed out. Where it says Layout, select the drop down menu

Select Duplex Printing & Margin and then check the box in the menu that comes up for two-sided printing and configure the options you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 8:06 PM in response to harftfam5

You did not indicate what printer you use, but the following works with my Epson and Canon printers:

Click Printer button in lower left (in image above)...

Note (image above) Two-Sided is greyed out. Where it says Layout, select the drop down menu

Select Duplex Printing & Margin and then check the box in the menu that comes up for two-sided printing and configure the options you want.

Double sided printing grey-out when printing pdfs from internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.