Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having issues with Apple Car Play since downloading 14.4. Has anyone else seen this.

Apple Car Play is not showing up on my cars menu display since downloading 14.4. I’ve tried on two cars and is doesn’t show up on ether one. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 6:57 PM

Hi there AL26,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve run into an issue with CarPlay and your iPhone. We’ll be happy to help.

Let’s check a few things. If you’re using your iPhone with CarPlay for the first time, check to make sure it’s available in your country: Apple CarPlay Available on iOS.

Check to see if the vehicles you tested with are listed on this page: More than 600 models to choose from.

Try these steps: If you need help with CarPlay

Make sure to remove your case if applicable, you’ll want to test without it. Ensure CarPlay is not restricted in: Settings > General > CarPlay, as well as Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps.

Forget the car stereo from Settings > General > CarPlay > [stereo name], and forget the iPhone from the settings (stereo user guide for instructions). Then rename the iPhone in Settings > General > About > Name.

Reset network settings on the iPhone. If you’re using wired CarPlay, test with a shorter Apple approved Lightning cable. If you don’t have a shorter cable available, test with another Apple approved Lightning cable. Power on your vehicle and allow the stereo to fully wake before connecting the iPhone and test again. If the issue continues, you can use the following link to get connected for further assistance: Contact Apple Support.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 6:57 PM in response to AL26

Hi there AL26,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve run into an issue with CarPlay and your iPhone. We’ll be happy to help.

Let’s check a few things. If you’re using your iPhone with CarPlay for the first time, check to make sure it’s available in your country: Apple CarPlay Available on iOS.

Check to see if the vehicles you tested with are listed on this page: More than 600 models to choose from.

Try these steps: If you need help with CarPlay

Make sure to remove your case if applicable, you’ll want to test without it. Ensure CarPlay is not restricted in: Settings > General > CarPlay, as well as Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps.

Forget the car stereo from Settings > General > CarPlay > [stereo name], and forget the iPhone from the settings (stereo user guide for instructions). Then rename the iPhone in Settings > General > About > Name.

Reset network settings on the iPhone. If you’re using wired CarPlay, test with a shorter Apple approved Lightning cable. If you don’t have a shorter cable available, test with another Apple approved Lightning cable. Power on your vehicle and allow the stereo to fully wake before connecting the iPhone and test again. If the issue continues, you can use the following link to get connected for further assistance: Contact Apple Support.

Best regards.

Jan 29, 2021 7:34 PM in response to danakayw

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it did not solve the issue. To be clear, Care Play was working perfectly until I downloaded 14.4 to my iPhone. The next day I plugged in the USB cable but the car play icon does not display on the car’s screen and cannot be selected. I’ve tried everything you suggested but to no avail.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Don R

I’m having issues with Apple Car Play since downloading 14.4. Has anyone else seen this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.