Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store issues High Sierra MacBook Pro

For a long time now when I search for apps in the AppStore on my computer, I get super funky results. Things that don’t relate to the name of what I’ve searched at all, nothing but third party apps etc. Even when searching for apps I know exist. I have an older MacBook Pro, purchased back in early 2012. Didn’t need it to be high tech so didn’t really bother with many updates. Was perviously running Yosemite, so I updated to High Sierra thinking that might fix things. I still can’t find apps I’m looking for. When I search them on safari, I can find them in the store on Apple.com and have verified that my OS is up to date enough to support the app, yet when I click on “view in Mac App Store” in safari, I get the message “application not available in the US” I currently have this app on both and iPhone and an iPad that are all under the same Apple ID as the computer, and have Family Sharing on but still can not get the app to show up to be able to put it on my computer anywhere no matter how I try to work around the crappy search results I keep running into for some reason (the app in particular I can seem to find is Classical Conversations Memory Work Cycle 3). I have cleared caches and restarted several times. Still no luck. Any ideas of how to get this already purchased app onto this older computer would be amazing! And a fix to this issue with the AppStore would be a bonus.

1) below is the result I get when I search the AppStore app installed on the computer

2)followed by finding the app in the AppStore online

3) next is after clicking to “view in Mac App Store”

4) the app successfully installed on my iPhone downloaded from the US store

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 6:55 PM

Greetings HereForTheTeaRex,

Thanks for reaching out for help in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're trying to install Classical Conversations Memory Work Cycle 3 on your Mac, but you've encountered a snag. It will be our pleasure to assist you.

• We've checked into the available versions of the app you mentioned, and found that it is not available in the Mac App Store at this time.
  • It is available for iPhone and iPad. Tap the link below > Tap Apps at the top > Search for "Classical Conversations Memory Work" App Store - Media Services.
  • When you change the Platform from iPad or iPhone to Mac in the pull-down menu, the search returns no results.
  • This would explain why you've encountered the unexpected search results.
  • Additionally, we find that their app description (when you tap 'Read more..." in the following link) explains that the app was designed for iOS devices: Foundations Memory Work C3

The app developer has included these links should you wish to reach out to them directly:

"Visit us online to learn more:

ClassicalConversations.com

ClassicalConversationsBooks.com

Please send questions or comments to: customerservice@classicalconversations.com"

We trust these answers are beneficial to you, and provide some insights into why you've encountered the search results you shared.

Enjoy the weekend!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 6:55 PM in response to HereForTheTeaRex

Greetings HereForTheTeaRex,

Thanks for reaching out for help in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're trying to install Classical Conversations Memory Work Cycle 3 on your Mac, but you've encountered a snag. It will be our pleasure to assist you.

• We've checked into the available versions of the app you mentioned, and found that it is not available in the Mac App Store at this time.
  • It is available for iPhone and iPad. Tap the link below > Tap Apps at the top > Search for "Classical Conversations Memory Work" App Store - Media Services.
  • When you change the Platform from iPad or iPhone to Mac in the pull-down menu, the search returns no results.
  • This would explain why you've encountered the unexpected search results.
  • Additionally, we find that their app description (when you tap 'Read more..." in the following link) explains that the app was designed for iOS devices: Foundations Memory Work C3

The app developer has included these links should you wish to reach out to them directly:

"Visit us online to learn more:

ClassicalConversations.com

ClassicalConversationsBooks.com

Please send questions or comments to: customerservice@classicalconversations.com"

We trust these answers are beneficial to you, and provide some insights into why you've encountered the search results you shared.

Enjoy the weekend!

App Store issues High Sierra MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.