Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight search on the m1 mac is not centered on the screen. Is this related to my plugging in an external monitor?

I plug in my M1 mac to an external display using the USBC connector. It is a Thinkvision monitor that works quite well. But I've noticed that when I'm using the mac on its own, the spotlight search is no longer centered in the middle of my screen. Now it is off to the right and towards the top of the screen. I think this is related to the connection to the external monitor. I never had this issue with my intel macs

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 4:10 PM

mfantiv wrote:

I plug in my M1 mac to an external display using the USBC connector. It is a Thinkvision monitor that works quite well. But I've noticed that when I'm using the mac on its own, the spotlight search is no longer centered in the middle of my screen. Now it is off to the right and towards the top of the screen. I think this is related to the connection to the external monitor. I never had this issue with my intel macs

Can you not just grab it with your mouse and put it where you want it..(?)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 4:10 PM in response to mfantiv

mfantiv wrote:

Can you not just grab it with your mouse and put it where you want it..(?)

Spotlight search on the m1 mac is not centered on the screen. Is this related to my plugging in an external monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.