Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not find this native weather app on my ipad 8 nor in the app store. Any help appreciated.

I do not find the native weather app on my ipad 8 nor in the app store. Lots of choices but not the same app as one the Apple Support page titled About the Weather App. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:00 AM

However, your iPad does have a native Weather Widget, accessible from the Today view of your first Home Screen, which links to the Weather.com website.

If you are looking a weather there are many to choose from in the Apple App Store - some of which may be specific to your geographic region.

While there are many Weather Apps to choose from in the App Store, one of the popular choices is Windy:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/windy-com/id1161387262

Windy has full Widget integration - and all but a few “premium” features are totally free to use. It is endlessly configurable to your needs. If there’s a metrological feature or measurement that you need, you’ll find it.

I hope this insight proves to be helpful.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 3:00 AM in response to WillJamon

However, your iPad does have a native Weather Widget, accessible from the Today view of your first Home Screen, which links to the Weather.com website.

If you are looking a weather there are many to choose from in the Apple App Store - some of which may be specific to your geographic region.

While there are many Weather Apps to choose from in the App Store, one of the popular choices is Windy:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/windy-com/id1161387262

Windy has full Widget integration - and all but a few “premium” features are totally free to use. It is endlessly configurable to your needs. If there’s a metrological feature or measurement that you need, you’ll find it.

I hope this insight proves to be helpful.

Jan 28, 2021 1:53 AM in response to WillJamon

There is no weather app, per se for iPad, but Apple included a native weather widget to use in the widgets panel in iPadOS 14.

The Weather widget uses the Weather Channel for its data.

You can change the location of the weather data in the weather widget by tap and hold on the widget and use current location of your area that you setup in Location Services.

Good Luck to You!

Jan 29, 2021 6:24 PM in response to Ferd II

Thank you for the quick reply, Michel! I did have the weather widget that you mention in ios 14.3 on my ipad, and then it vanished. When updating last night to 14.4, it was restored. On one of the support pages, it is refferred to as the weather app, but indeed it just gets the information from weather.com. The actual app from weather.com has a widget also, but I tried it and uninstalled it. Not as nice in my judgement.

I do not find this native weather app on my ipad 8 nor in the app store. Any help appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.