Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have an apple weather app on my iPad? Where is it?

There is no Apple app called weather on my iPad? Where can I get it?

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 5:05 PM

The new native Apple Weather app, based upon the, now defunct, third party Dark Sky weather app, is only available to iPad models that are compatible and can download/install/run iPadOS 16.

If you own an older iPad that is stuck on some version of iPadOS 15, or ealier, those older iPad models have access to Apple's weather widget that can be added to the iPad's screen.

Tap the Apple support Website link below to learn about using widgets.

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

If you are using an even older iPad with an even older iOS version, there is NO native Apple iOS weather app or weather widget and you will need to use a third party weather app from the iOS/iPadOS App Store, if such apps are still avaialblle and compatible with older iPad/iOS devices.

Good Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 5:05 PM in response to blokeintheusa

The new native Apple Weather app, based upon the, now defunct, third party Dark Sky weather app, is only available to iPad models that are compatible and can download/install/run iPadOS 16.

If you own an older iPad that is stuck on some version of iPadOS 15, or ealier, those older iPad models have access to Apple's weather widget that can be added to the iPad's screen.

Tap the Apple support Website link below to learn about using widgets.

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

If you are using an even older iPad with an even older iOS version, there is NO native Apple iOS weather app or weather widget and you will need to use a third party weather app from the iOS/iPadOS App Store, if such apps are still avaialblle and compatible with older iPad/iOS devices.

Good Luck to You!

Dec 25, 2022 4:48 PM in response to blokeintheusa

If your iPad is (or can be) updated to iPadOS 16.1 or later, it should already be on your iPad. Check the App Library (swipe left past the last Home Screen).

If it isn't and if your is or can be updated to iPadOS 10 or later, go to the App Store and download it. Not the there are a number of very similar looking Weather apps.Search for Apple Weather and then look at each of the search results to find the one actually from Apple.

I do not have an apple weather app on my iPad? Where is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.