You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil gen 1 glitch.

My Apple Pencil gen 1 keeps glitching. The thickness of the lines varies constantly without me adjusting any pressure or the angle I write at. It does this regardless of how much charge it has. I’ve tried unpairing and paring it again with my iPad (air 3rd gen) and that doesn’t help. Is there any way to fix it as this makes writing uni notes quite difficult?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 2:22 AM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2021 7:46 AM in response to marv2001

Hello marv2001,

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Apple Pencil, and we'd like to get you pointed in the right direction for a resolution. To start we recommend reviewing your sensitivity or pressure settings in the app you're currently using. If you're using Notes, or another Apple app, you can review the information listed here: Use Apple Pencil with your iPad

Along with this, make sure your iPad screen is clean and that iPadOS is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then restart your iPad and try again: Restart your iPad 

Should the issue persist we recommend reviewing support options in your region here: Get Support

Take care.

Apple Pencil gen 1 glitch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.