Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Movies (not purchased in Apple Store) from old iPad to new iPad - without a PC?

Hi!

About 7 years ago, when I bought my iPad Air 2, I had a PC. On the PC, I had family movies that I formatted and uploaded onto the iPad Air 2. They appear under the Apple TV app in my Library under Home Movies category.

Now in 2021, I don't have a PC, and I've ordered a new iPad Air 4. Since I don't have a PC, I'm wondering how to transfer these home movies from the old iPad to the new iPad. I've searched high and low online for a way to backup these movie files to the Cloud or to a Google Drive or to some kind of online storage, but I'm not seeing any obvious answers. I see that Apple will let me backup and transfer my purchase history for standard TV shows and movies from the Apple Store, but I'm not seeing any transfer/backup options for home movie files of this sort.

Can anyone help? I'm a bit worried that these movies are stuck on this iPad forever.

(Many many thanks!)

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:44 AM

To my knowledge, you should perform the same procedure that you made 7 years ago, but to do that you need a computer running iTunes. I'd borrow one from your friends, or ask for help at an Apple Store.

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply

Transferring Movies (not purchased in Apple Store) from old iPad to new iPad - without a PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.