Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer Home Videos in Apple TV app from old iPad to new iPad?

I just got myself a new iPad Pro and I transferred all files and apps from my old iPad Pro to my new one. However, the videos that I had downloaded to my old iPad and only appear in the Home Videos section of the Apple TV app did not transfer to my new iPad. Is there a way to get these videos on my new iPad? I tried to connect my old iPad to my laptop, but the files only seem to include the photos and videos of the Photos app, and not those of the Apple TV app, and I may not have a backup of those videos. Thanks in advance for your support!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:06 AM

Syncing home videos to mobile devices is normally one way, from Mac or PC to the mobile device, not the other way around. The ‘master copy’ should not be removed from the computer.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I hope you can find your originals.

Videos from iTunes Store purchases should be listed in your library, but not as download (for offline use). Purchased media files should be downloaded from Apple servers directly to the devices where you want them. These downloads are not transferable to other devices. (Re)download TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support

Videos can also be in iCloud, if organized that way originally, but then they wouldn’t be in the TV app (but in the Photos app or the Files app).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 9:06 AM in response to theofromdrunen

Syncing home videos to mobile devices is normally one way, from Mac or PC to the mobile device, not the other way around. The ‘master copy’ should not be removed from the computer.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I hope you can find your originals.

Videos from iTunes Store purchases should be listed in your library, but not as download (for offline use). Purchased media files should be downloaded from Apple servers directly to the devices where you want them. These downloads are not transferable to other devices. (Re)download TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support

Videos can also be in iCloud, if organized that way originally, but then they wouldn’t be in the TV app (but in the Photos app or the Files app).

How to transfer Home Videos in Apple TV app from old iPad to new iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.