Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reminders not working after downgrading from big sur to catalina

For a number of reasons, I had to downgrade from Big Sur to Catalina (10.15.7). Everything is fine, except Reminders no longer works. Reminders do not sync with my iPhone 11 (v. 14.3), and it seems like while I can schedule new ones, I cannot delete or change old ones that are not working. I have deleted and remade my list in my iPhone, but nothing seems to work on my Mac (MBP 2018). Any advice to get things working again appreciated!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 9:29 AM

I may have solved my problem. Simple, but I didn't think of doing it. I deleted all the files in ~/Library/Reminders/Container_v1/Stores and ~/Library/Reminders/Container_v1/DataAccess, and rebooted. Everything now seems ok.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 28, 2021 11:12 AM in response to AGuyOnWheels

Thanks, yes, I've done these things. No change. On my Mac completing reminders does not sync, I cannot delete those reminders, I cannot delete the list, I cannot add a new list. All my devices are on the same Apple ID, I've turned iCloud off and back on on my iPhone, switched reminders/calendars off and back on, rebooted. Things work on my iPhone, but nothing helps on my MacBook Pro. The problem seems to have started when I had to downgrade from Big Sur back to Catalina a couple of days ago.

Jan 28, 2021 12:11 PM in response to AGuyOnWheels

Yes, I've even tried that. What is disturbing to me is that I cannot even add/delete a list, and the "get info" tab on reminders does not work. I'm at a loss, and reluctant to start deleting things like preferences because there are so many of them and I don't know where to begin. I would just like to start over, but the app won't let me delete anything. Thanks for the suggestions and trying to help!

Jan 28, 2021 12:37 PM in response to guattari

I also remember reading something about home folder permissions being tied to calendar, contacts, and reminders syncing. I suppose you could look into that, as I'm at a loss for anything else to try.

I can't find the exact procedure now, and the KB article on Apple is no longer available. But hopefully that will at least point you in the right direction.

You may also be able to test if you have the same problem with another user account on the system. That may immediately give some clues about whether it's a specific account, or the entire system, or something else.

Jan 28, 2021 7:22 PM in response to AGuyOnWheels

I may try adding another user account. It is a strange problem. I even reinstalled the OS. No change. I can't delete reminders, complete them, add lists.... nothing works, Reminders is just broken after downgrading from Big Sur. Still working fine on my iPhone and second computer, but the downgraded computer, no. It's the only big problem I've encountered so far with downgrading.

reminders not working after downgrading from big sur to catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.