Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't charge on MacBook Air

Hi,

I have a 2015 MBA and an iPhone XS. When I plug the phone into my MacBook it constantly makes the charging noise as if its being unplugged and plugged back in every 30 seconds. Also my MacBook is not recognising it in iTunes. I never get the trust / not trust question either.

Both USB ports with with everything else (external hard drive / charge my vape) this is the only issue.

If I were to plug the phone into my car for music, there are no issues either.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 12:38 PM

Try using another cable to connect your iPhone to your MacBook Air. If that does not help then, on your MacBook Air:

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 12:38 PM in response to bennmp

Try using another cable to connect your iPhone to your MacBook Air. If that does not help then, on your MacBook Air:

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Axel F.

iPhone won't charge on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.