Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone losing charge connection

I have an iPhone 6s which has issues charging, here's what's happening:

When I plug in the Apple USB charging cable to either an Apple iPhone charger/3rd party charger/iMac the iPhone will begin charging, every time without fail.

After a random amount of time, the charging will stop. This could be 1 second, or it could be 15 minutes.

The charge never goes back on after it's stopped.

Sometimes I get the message "This accessory may not be supported" when the charging stops.

When plugged into my iMac, I am still able to play music and access the iPhone from iTunes AFTER the charging has stopped.

The charging cable works perfectly with another iPhone in the household.

When I wiggle the cable within the iPhone. The status of the charge (on or off), does NOT change.

Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 3:04 AM

Your charging port could be dirty or your battery could be faulty, but we can’t diagnose those issues remotely.

If, following ALL the steps provided in this support guide, your device won’t charge;

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

then have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP:

https://locate.apple.com/findlocations

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2019 3:04 AM in response to willarbuckle

Your charging port could be dirty or your battery could be faulty, but we can’t diagnose those issues remotely.

If, following ALL the steps provided in this support guide, your device won’t charge;

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

then have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP:

https://locate.apple.com/findlocations

Regards

Giulio

Jul 11, 2019 4:50 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Yeah I don't think it's dirty, I've tried cleaning

Another thing that's odd is that I've just looked at the battery screen and as you'll see from my screenshot, the battery in the last few minutes (it's been plugged in) has sporadically charged but without the phone 'registering' the increase as a charge. ie. there's no green area column of charge during the latest increase.

Jul 11, 2019 5:23 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Yes, having it looked at by Apple is obviously an option. The reason for posting in this forum is to:

A. See if anyone else has had the same issue and if they were able to fix it.

B. So users in the future can find this thread if they're having the same problem.

If anyone else has anything helpful to offer, I'm all ears. In the meantime I'll sort out a professional to have a hands-on look at the phone. Thanks.

Jul 11, 2019 5:46 AM in response to willarbuckle

You're welcome, Willarbuckle.

I don't wanna be misunderstood. I didn't intend to tell you that you were wrong posting here. You did the right thing. But that's a kind of issue that's generally related to: charging port or battery or cables or chargers (let's say power) problem.

If you performed the steps provided in the guide I posted in my 1st reply to no avail, we (fellow users like you) can't judge that kind of problem remotely, and I don't think it's a matter of software problem. That's why I suggested to have your device checked.

There are many members in this Community (more tech savvy than me) that might offer you further help.

Have a nice day.

Giulio

iPhone losing charge connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.