Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Belkin qi charger won't work with iPhone 14 Pro?

I have a Belkin BOOST1CHARGE Wireless Charging Stand Special Edition 7.5W that I bought _from Apple_, and worked just fine with my old iPhone X. I just got a brand new iPhone 14 Pro and it seems this charger is not compatible, but I can't find any explanation anywhere online.

When I place my new phone on the charger, the green LED lights up on the charger and the phone does what you expect -- I get a charger connected chime and the charging animation. For about 30 seconds or so everything is working and the phone seems to be charging.

But then the LED on the charger changes to orange, indicating that it has detected a "foreign object", and the phone is no longer charging. This happens both with and without the MagSafe silicone case on the phone.

anyone know why this is happening? iPhone 14 pro is supposed to be compatible with Qi wireless chargers.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 8:12 AM

It's possible that it's no longer able to sit flush with the charger due to the new camera bump - I have that same issue with another Qi charger that worked well with my 12 Pro that I can't use with my 14 Pro anymore.

2 replies

Sep 18, 2022 9:15 AM in response to KillerFocus

Dang that may really be the case @KillerFocus. I have an older, cheaper hockey-puck-shaped Samsung Qi charger in my office that works just fine with the new phone -- and notably, the camera bump doesn't come into contact with that one.

Sad to see that apple has maybe caused this charger to become obsolete with their camera design. I had hoped to use this Belkin wireless stand for years to come as my beside (and therefore primary) phone charger.

Belkin qi charger won't work with iPhone 14 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.