Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone calls from Apple Support

I am getting repeated phone calls from a local number claiming to be apple support and that my cloud account has been compromised. I spoke with someone and they had such a heavy Indian accent that I could not understand them and I hung up. I have received at least a dozen phone calls over the last 2 days. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:34 AM

Unfortunately, it is a very common scam attempt.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 8:34 AM in response to stevenfromosprey

Unfortunately, it is a very common scam attempt.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Jan 29, 2021 8:38 AM in response to stevenfromosprey

Those are phishing / scam calls. Apple will not call you to inform account activity. The scammers goal is to capture your Apple ID and password. You did the right thing by hanging up on them. These scammers spoof a local number to call you so that you are more inclined to answer the call. If you block their number then they will call you with another number. The best way, at this time, to counter those calls is to hang up immediately and over time they will stop. I know it is frustrating however your patience is the best recourse at this time.

Axel F.

Phone calls from Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.