Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green line appeared on my iPhone XS Max screen

This line appeared after about a year after I have bought my iPhoneMax. It shown up after a update on my IOS. Then I updated again and it disappeared. Then I updated again(iOS 14.3) and it came back again.

I went to the Apple Technincal Support in Dublin and they told the phone was out of warranty and asked for 650,00 EUROS to fix that.

I called USA support to ask for the service for free as it's a problem with screen manufacturing/design.

The assistant denied to do the service for free even the problem is well-known and it's not bad usage of the product.

It's a shame Apple shows their back after you buy a very expansive product which has a factory-fault due to shows up after you update the iOS. Very disappointed with Apple.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 7:39 AM

Magically the green line disappeared after I update the iOS from iOS 14.3 to iOS 14.4.

It took a day to disappear after I have updated. I woke up and the line wasn't there anymore.

Very strange.

Similar questions

1 reply

Green line appeared on my iPhone XS Max screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.