Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my early 2008 24inch imac as a second monitor for my 2015 mac book air? If so what cable do I need? Thanks

Can I use my early 2008 24inch imac as a second monitor for my 2015 mac book air? If so what cable do I need? Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 10:11 AM

In short no you cannot, it is way too old to support TDM. TDM worked on a small subset of iMacs and is no longer available. If you need an external display there are third party solutions using wireless technology, I have not tested them so I cannot speak to how well they work. Most experienced users will tell you if your MBA needs an external display to simply buy one and connect it. This is a MUCH more simple solution and is generally more reliable than TDM ever was.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 10:11 AM in response to Domeames69

In short no you cannot, it is way too old to support TDM. TDM worked on a small subset of iMacs and is no longer available. If you need an external display there are third party solutions using wireless technology, I have not tested them so I cannot speak to how well they work. Most experienced users will tell you if your MBA needs an external display to simply buy one and connect it. This is a MUCH more simple solution and is generally more reliable than TDM ever was.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.