Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I work at a university and was supposed to have used a catch-all university email address when setting up my iPads. I did not know this and used my personal email address. I want to change it to the university email address. How do I do this?

Pads. I did not know this and used my personal email address. I want to change it to the university email address. How do I do this? I keep getting a message saying that the email is in use.

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 1:06 PM

WUOT wrote:

I want to change it to the university email address.

As you’ve discovered, changing your Apple ID is the wrong approach. The correct approach is to erase your iPad and start over, never involving your personal address. This is how you cleanse your iPad.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 1:06 PM in response to WUOT

WUOT wrote:

I want to change it to the university email address.

As you’ve discovered, changing your Apple ID is the wrong approach. The correct approach is to erase your iPad and start over, never involving your personal address. This is how you cleanse your iPad.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I work at a university and was supposed to have used a catch-all university email address when setting up my iPads. I did not know this and used my personal email address. I want to change it to the university email address. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.