Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iCloud notes with "on my Mac" - automatic sync ?

Is there a way to sync notes on iCloud to "on my Mac" such that they are automatically synced whenever a new note is made on iCloud ? (so that it is automatically synced to "on my Mac")

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 5:10 AM

Even you check the box of enable on my Mac account in notes preferences , a folder is created on my section having zero data stored in it , however notes in iCloud are enabled they will never sync with on my Mac notes .

Because on my section is personal folder to save notes in notes application of mac and it's not connected to syncing of iCloud notes .

see the article Change preferences in Notes on Mac - Apple Support

notes stored on your Mac

You can store notes on your Mac instead of in an online account (such as your iCloud account). If you store notes on your Mac, they aren’t available on any of your other devices.

Notes stored on your Mac appear under On My Mac in the sidebar. If you don’t see On My Mac in the sidebar, you can enable it.

Choose Notes > Preferences, then select the “Enable the On My Mac account” checkbox.

Note: If you later disable the On My Mac account, notes in your other accounts (such as iCloud) are not affected.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 5:10 AM in response to Ra0000

Even you check the box of enable on my Mac account in notes preferences , a folder is created on my section having zero data stored in it , however notes in iCloud are enabled they will never sync with on my Mac notes .

Because on my section is personal folder to save notes in notes application of mac and it's not connected to syncing of iCloud notes .

see the article Change preferences in Notes on Mac - Apple Support

notes stored on your Mac

You can store notes on your Mac instead of in an online account (such as your iCloud account). If you store notes on your Mac, they aren’t available on any of your other devices.

Notes stored on your Mac appear under On My Mac in the sidebar. If you don’t see On My Mac in the sidebar, you can enable it.

Choose Notes > Preferences, then select the “Enable the On My Mac account” checkbox.

Note: If you later disable the On My Mac account, notes in your other accounts (such as iCloud) are not affected.

Syncing iCloud notes with "on my Mac" - automatic sync ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.