Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not syncing to iCloud

This concerns syncing Notes to iCloud:

as far as I can judge, all is properly checked for the procedure, but Notes just won't backup to iCloud and I have no clue why. Though I am able to manually copy my notes to iCloud, I wonder: can I not have Notes on my desktop (On My Mac) AS WELL AS a copy of it on iCloud that syncs as I edit my notes on the desktop?

System settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> Notes is on

Notes App -> Settings -> Default Account = iCloud

BUT my notes appear only On My Mac (unless, as mentioned, I manually copy them to iCloud in case of which they're no longer available On My Mac)

Anyone has an idea?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 8:02 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 26, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for your input, Luis. If I understood you correctly, I cannot have Notes both On My Mac AND a synced backup of it on iCloud. It's either or, right?

Here is how "Share" look like for me:

From the moment I dragged "Books" to iCloud -> Notes in the Notes app, the note "Books" appeared in Share. Mind you, initially I did this only to see what happens if I manually drag notes to iCloud. When I drag notes to iCloud, they disappear from On My Mac in the Notes app (and vice versa). Since I moved "Books" back to On My Mac, it's gone from iCloud but it's still visible in Share. Why? Can I remove "Books" from Share?

Notes not syncing to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.