Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy an iphone11 in usa, but i want to know if its going to be an A2221 model, because I want to use it in Mexico or in Europe?

I want to buy an iphone11 in usa, but i want to know if its going to be an A2221 model, because I want to use it in Mexico or in Europe? I know that i have to pay it full price, Sim-free. But i already heard that it have to be an A2221 model, not a A211 model.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 4:45 PM

If you buy it from Apple, it won't be; Apple doesn't sell that model in the USA.

If you're getting a secondhand model, ask the seller and ensure that it's not activation locked before giving them your money.

(191291)

7 replies

Jan 29, 2021 10:10 PM in response to gracerangel

You would have to check with those carriers to see which bands they use. Carriers often use many bands, varying by area, but a US phone will usually be able to find a. band that that works. Many travellers use their local phones when traveling with no problems, except for the cost of roaming. Check with your carrier about roaming rates. If you are going to stay in one country for a while, you may want to get a local SIM.

I want to buy an iphone11 in usa, but i want to know if its going to be an A2221 model, because I want to use it in Mexico or in Europe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.