Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore health and activity data

Earlier today I noticed 5 instances of my Apple Watch in the Health data devices section. I tapped on each one and all but one instance read “device not paired.” I thought that they were no longer useful so I deleted all of the instances that were not paired. Later, I noticed my Apple Watch had stopped counting calories burned. I restarted my watch and when my activity loaded, I had lost all of my data for earlier in the day, plus all of my history. I had earned the “Ring in the New Year” award and was about 400 calories away from the January award.

I reset my iPhone and restored it from a backup created yesterday, but my Health data was not restored to this earlier backup! I tried it a second time but that didn’t work either. All of my prior activity history is missing. Oddly enough, some old awards are still showing although I don’t have any data from the time I got the watch (May 2020).

I tried restoring my Watch from a backup but the only two options were today after the data had been deleted and the day I got it.

I have been searching around for solutions and it seems that this has happened to others. Can someone please help?

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 2:00 AM

The only data you won't have lost are the names in that list that you didn't delete,the rest are gone forever along with the awards and badges.

Every time you unpair and re-pair a new name is added to that list and is treated as a session,I have about 20 in my list and as you have found out deleting one of these sessions kills everything for that time period.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 2:00 AM in response to Puffin_time

The only data you won't have lost are the names in that list that you didn't delete,the rest are gone forever along with the awards and badges.

Every time you unpair and re-pair a new name is added to that list and is treated as a session,I have about 20 in my list and as you have found out deleting one of these sessions kills everything for that time period.

Restore health and activity data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.